When my diet went down the tubes, so did my skin. I’ve always had fairly easy skin, even as a teenager, so when my skin started breaking out, drying out, and basically just being crappy in general I had NO idea what to do. I dug through all of my fave beauty bloggers sites and reached out for a few via Instagram. What a cool freaking community the blogging world is.
I heard back from one of the beauty gurus of the world, Jamie! She was soooo sweet and talked through all of my skin issues with me, and helped develop a plan to get my face back. She introduced me to the brand, Drunk Elephant! Well initially it was appealing because elephants are my fave, and a drunk elephant? Sign me up. The brand is an investment to say the least. And I can tell you right now I was not ready to spend $90 on a night serum without trying it first. Can you imagine being stuck with a $90 bottle of product you hate? No ma’am.
BUT. Drunk Elephant has a solution for that! Their Little’s Kit! It’s like a skin care starter kit with everything you need to get going on your new routine. I was super intimidated by the kit at first because I felt like I was putting a million things on my face all at once. But reality is that it only takes me about 15 extra seconds every morning, and night. AND. It’s so worth it. A major bonus is that you only need one pump of each product, so even though the bottles are really little in the kit (hence the name) they last a wicked long time. Which is great because you really need to give a new routine a few weeks to really start seeing results. This happy little routine has done wonderful things for my skin. Here’s what I use:
1. B-Hydra: This is like a boost of hydration for your face!
2. C-Firma Day Serum: Keeps my skin glowing all day.
3. Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil: This is where the magic happens I SWEAR. This little facial oil has helped clear up my skin and even out my tone.
4. Shaba Complex Eye Serum: This little bottle will last you FOREVER. You need a quarter of a pump a day. It has tightened up my under eye significantly, so my makeup doesn’t crease at all anymore!
5. Lala Retro Whipped Cream: Talk about a luxurious moisturizer. This shit is the real deal and a little goes a long way. It’s soooo light and fluffy so it doesn’t feel heavy on your skin.
2. T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum: I can’t believe I lived this long without this stuff. Talk about overnight results. My best friend (who I roomed with my freshman year of college) and my husband will both tell you when I wake up in the morning I am soooo puffy and splotchy, but after using this serum before bed, my skin is so much brighter and less puffy first thing in the morning.
3. Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil
4. Lala Retro Whipped Cream