Max and I aren’t huge Valentine’s Day people. Correction… MAX is not a huge Valentine’s Day person… I on the other hand, love any excuse to celebrate, decorate, put on a cute outfit, eat chocolate, and buy someone presents. But whatever. So we usually stay in and cook dinner together and watch a movie! Which has turned into a really nice little tradition. Our favorite dinner when we stay in for a movie night is… PIZZA! But Pizza and Weight Watchers aren’t on super good terms. So today I’m going to share an entire waist line and point friendly Valentine’s Day dinner, with pizza as the star of the show! And a little treat for dessert because I mean, it is Valentine’s Day, people.
Total WW points for the entire pizza: 22
Points per slice: 3.6
Cauliflower Crust Pizza Dough: 8 Points Total
2 packages of riced cauliflower (should make about 2 cups): 0 Points
1/2 teaspoon dried basil: 0 Points
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano: 0 Points
1 teaspoon garlic salt: 0 Points
1/3 cup shredded parmesan: 5 Points
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella: 3 Points
1 egg: 0 Points
Toppings: 13 Points Total
1/3 Preggo Pizza Sauce: 2 Points
1 cup mozzarella cheese: 9 Points
15 slices of turkey pepperoni: 2 Points
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Cook riced cauliflower according to package and let cool.
- Using a CLEAN tea towel, rag, or cheese cloth, squeeze out all water from the cauliflower.
- In a medium bowl mix all ingredients, and form mixture with your hands into a ball.
- Place a piece or parchment paper (DON’T SKIP THE PARCHMENT PAPER. THIS SHIT STICKS LIKE CRAZY WITHOUT IT. I learned the hard way. There were tears.) on a cookie sheet and press dough into desired shape. You don’t want it to be too thick or it’ll be a little soggy.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then flip the dough and bake for another 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and add all your toppings and bake until cheese is nice and melty!
Roasted Broccoli (my favorite side dish): Total Points: 0
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Chop 1 head of broccoli.
- Toss in 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt.
- Cook in a small baking pan for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli starts to char.
Time for the best part… DESSERT!
Oreo Truffles! Total Points: 224
Points per truffle: 9.3
1 pack of Oreos (regular or mint): 105 points (obviously don’t eat the whole damn pack)
1/3 of a block of cream cheese: 24 points (again… don’t eat the entire block, good lord.)
1 bag of milk or white chocolate chips: 95 points (show some self control will you? Put the bag down!)
- Pulse Oreos in a food processor until finely chopped (save a little bit of it to sprinkle on top of the truffles)
- This is where we get messy. Add in the cream cheese to the Oreos and mix with your hands until combined.
- Roll about 1 tablespoons worth of the mix into a ball and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Let truffles chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Put chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 20 seconds at a time, stirring between each trip to the microwave, until chocolate is smooth.
- Drop each truffle into the bowl and coat with chocolate (I use a fork to do this. It makes it really easy to scoop the truffle back out and place on the baking sheet)
- Sprinkle leftover crushed Oreos on top to make them pretty!!
- Place in the freezer until the chocolate has set.
- EAT UP!
Special days like Valentine’s Day is why Weight Watchers has bank points (you don’t have 224 bank points a week so please don’t eat the entire tray of truffles) for you every week. We should be able to celebrate these days without feeling like we’re missing out on the yummy stuff!